PAKISTAN INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL QATAR
Examination System in PISQ
1. Types of Tests and Examinations:-
- Monthly Assessment from Pre-KG to KGII.
- Monthly tests class I to XII.
- First Term Exam from Grade I to Class VIII
- Annual Exam from Grade I to Class VIII
- Pre Board Exam from Class IX to XII as send up exam.
2. Examination Conducted:-
- All oral tests and practicals are conducted before exams on the dates mentioned in the date sheet.
- Papers are taken in the last 3 hours. Before starting the paper, students are given time for revision. Monthly test is taken in zero period consisting of 45 minutes.
- Fee defaulters are not allowed to sit in any type of exam or test.
3. Announcement of Result:-
- Usually result cards are handed over to the parents in parent teacher meeting in which they also discuss about the performance of their children and room for their children’s improvement with the teachers. Result is not given to the fee defaulters.
4. Promotion Criteria:
1. Promotion is decided on final average and cumulative result of the student.
According to new promotion policy:
- Students passed in all subjects with at least 35% marks in each subject will be promoted.
- Student failed in 1 subject securing at least 25% marks, will be promoted.
- Repeating the same class more than two times is not allowed.
2. According to the rules of Ministry of Education and Higher Education, double promotion is not allowed.
3. Same criteria are used in Pre Board Exams to send the admission forms of the students for Federal Board Exams.
5. Annual Day:
- Certificates are prepared for grade wise and wing wise position holder students.
6. Update students’ record on SEC website:-
Result is up loaded and students’ record is up dated individually according to his/her status after the Annual Exam on the on line system of Ministry of Education and Higher Education of Qatar.